Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synchronization of dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagayaswanth Kotha

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii,
I need to synchronize two dc motors using arduino.actually what i have done is gave input to master motor from arduino through motor driver from pwm pins.calculated rpm of master motor for different pwm inputs.
now,based on that rpm i an giving input to slave motor from other pwm pins of arduino.In measuring speed ie., rpm of master motor time required for ir sensor is 60 sec.so i am getting delay.

Is this the crct way of approach.please guide me if it is not correct

hii,
I need to synchronize two dc motors using arduino.actually what i have done is gave input to master motor from arduino through motor driver from pwm pins.calculated rpm of master motor for different pwm inputs.
now,based on that rpm i an giving input to slave motor from other pwm pins of arduino.In measuring speed ie., rpm of master motor time required for ir sensor is 60 sec.so i am getting delay.

Is this the crct way of approach.please guide me if it is not correct

I am not sure but I think DC motors cannot be synced by their circuits alone. Position sensors will have to be used, to indicate at least one position per turn, and feedback to be used to accelerate or decelerate one or both motors by PWM drive to achieve sync.

The only simple system known to me for the mechanical sync is to use stepping motors.

rpm of master motor time required for ir sensor is 60 sec.so i am getting delay.
Why 60 sec? What kind of sensor?

What's the purpose of your DC motor syncronisation? What are the synchronism requirements?

Presumed you have e.g. a two-wheel drive, synchronisation with two incremental encoders might work. But it should use an appropriate analysis algorithm, surely other than frequency measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.