Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SY-HS-220 Humidity sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameyakale

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I'm using SY-HS-220 Humidity sensor for room humidity measurement. I'm getting output as mentioned in datasheet for 25deg C. But when temperature changes sensor output starts varying. Is this sensor requires any temperature compensation? How to achieve that?

Where is the sensor placed? In humidity calibration chamber or in the room? If it is in the room, it is normal that relative air humidity changes with temperature.

I have placed humidity sensor in the room. Can we compensate for temperature change?
I have gone through other sensor datasheet such as HIH5030, they specifically give temperature compensation formula for true RH measurement. I have attached HIH5030 datasheet for reference.

Attachments

• honeywell hih5030-5031.pdf
    170.4 KB · Views: 89

With this sensor You will not get some accurate measurements anyway. It has 5% of error at 60% of RH and more at other values. Add hysresys to that, aging,... External temperature compensation will just complicate Your design. I suggest to use some better sensor module, like T9600.

Status
Not open for further replies.