Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SVF File (meaning of words & number sequences?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMoshe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Someone know what the meaning of this line in the SVF file?
SDR 32 TDI(00000000) TDO(00019020) SMASK(FFFFFFFF) MASK(FFFFFFFF)

I tried to program "GOWIN" FPGA with lattice JTAG programmer and I don't succeed.
As I know, the JTAG programmer should be generic.
The programmer is successfully scan the device but fail in line 43 in the SVF file:
SDR 32 TDI(00000000) TDO(00019020) SMASK(FFFFFFFF) MASK(FFFFFFFF);

Someone know what the meaning of this line in the SVF file?
SDR 32 TDI(00000000) TDO(00019020) SMASK(FFFFFFFF) MASK(FFFFFFFF)

I tried to program "GOWIN" FPGA with lattice JTAG programmer and I don't succeed.
As I know, the JTAG programmer should be generic.
The programmer is successfully scan the device but fail in line 43 in the SVF file:
SDR 32 TDI(00000000) TDO(00019020) SMASK(FFFFFFFF) MASK(FFFFFFFF);
Hello,

what exactly FPGA board did you try to program?

Best regards

The meaning of the line can be found in SVF file format specification. It's expecting the data in TDO during a 32 bit data transfer and apparently seeing something different. It may be the first line checking for a specific answer, respectively a simple explanation may be that you get not response at all, e.g. due to incorrect connected JTAG adapter.

You need to decode the complete .svf file to understand what the is specifically intended by this line.

The meaning of the line can be found in SVF file format specification. It's expecting the data in TDO during a 32 bit data transfer and apparently seeing something different. It may be the first line checking for a specific answer, respectively a simple explanation may be that you get not response at all, e.g. due to incorrect connected JTAG adapter.

You need to decode the complete .svf file to understand what the is specifically intended by this line.
What do you mean to "decode the complete .svf file"?

If I change the MASK value from (FFFFFFFF) to something else the programming is successfully finished but The FPGA don't functionality as expected.
--- Updated ---

Hi,
i didn't ask about device (chip) but about FPGA board. Why you didn't program it by "Gowin Programer" ?
Gowin devices might have different chip ID from Lattice FPGA chips.

Regards
This is not a private project and I must use the lattice programmer, the FPGA (chip) assembled on PCB and not evaluation board

If I change the MASK value from (FFFFFFFF) to something else the programming is successfully finished but The FPGA don't functionality as expected.
--- Updated ---

This is not a private project and I must use the lattice programmer, the FPGA (chip) assembled on PCB and not evaluation board
I wish you luck. You can also try open-source tools from package of open-source tools called "Symbiflow".
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back