Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

support in choosing microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurinder_dhiman

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cc2500 atmega8

does any body help me in choosing a microcontroller for transmission and reciver, and also help me in chooosing transmiter and reciver ic, for non license band which shuld be capable in sending and reciving data at least in 400 ft.

thanks

chosing micro controller

In order for us to suggest a wireless network solution, you must tell us what baudrate you will need.

baud rate doent matter but cost matter, i just need to detect the sensor output and sent to the microcontroller intrrupt

First you should choose a transceiver, I recommend using o chip from Chipcon - Texas Instruments, like CC1000 or the newer and better but only in QFN package, CC1101. You will find more info on the TI site. You may also want to look at the ti-store because there is a solution for you with a uC and cc2500.
For the microcontroller you can use for example ATtiny26, ATmega8, witch both have a 10bit ADC and SPI port, or you can use a microcontroller from TI, like the ones from the MSP430x20x3 series with a 16bit ADC and SPI port.

Status
Not open for further replies.