Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Supply for FPGA(3.3V 2.5V)!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvsvv

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
voltage regulator fpga

May anybody offer some Schematics about Supply which offer 3.3V and 2.5V in FPGA System!?

thanks.

(Even you tell me the name of supply IC, you will help me a lot! :wink: )

lm317 fpga

Hello vvsvv,

You can use a lot of voltage regulators for powering FPGAs. The only thing you should attend is that you use devices which supplies enough current.

For example you can use the LM2678S-3.3 (switched voltage regulator) as a 3.3V source. Take a look at the reference designs of the FPGA manufactures. There you can see some possibilities.

Bye,
cube007

dual ldo 1.2v 3.3v fpga

Go to the Xess.com and see its boards manuals.
For example if you see that manual of XSA-100,
At the end of this document you will find the board's schemaitcs and also Power related ICs.

https://www.xess.com/manuals/xsa-manual-v1_2.pdf

fpga with variable voltage supply

When you choose a FPGA, you can find a special Schematic of this FPGA from the company's offical web site. In this schematic, you can see the right voltage regulator.

lm317t to power fpga

In my openion ; the optimum solution is using the DUAL-OUTPUT LOW-DROPOUT VOLTAGE REGULATOR : TPS70458PWP from Texas instruments

If you want more help ; Texas has a very good pdf called Texas Instruments Power Management Reference Guide for Xilinx® FPGAs you can download it from Ti web site

fpga lm1117 1.2v 2.5v

LM317 You can variable voltage.

ld1086 project

I used power devider tech for generation of 2.5 and 3.3 V..
Used 7805 and then divider( using pot) to set the voltage...
put current mirror as a secodn stage for ur current requirements.
It helped me a lot to change the supply voltage .
Because of some bad board design it may happen that u have to make the voltage 3.3 to 3.4 or say 2.45... so u can change it on board if u have provision.this one is cheaper solution.
otherwise if ur sure about the curent and voltage then u can go with TPS70458PWP from Texas instruments.. thats perfect solution

schematic 3.3v 3a power supply

Hi,
I have a funny problem! I couldn't find any Vccint in schematic model of xc2s100pq208c in protel. There is only VCCO pins!

lm1117-33

make poweer pin option ON....i m not sure.. but it may be there....and since VCCINT is fixed for every FPGA... so thats doesnt matter much...

dual voltage power suply lm1117

The current spent of the FPGA is the first thing should be decided. Normal LDO could not supply more current than 3A. Or the temperature is a big problem. If the current is lower than 3A, I suggest to adopt the LDO. But if the current is over 3A, I prefer the switch power.

lm317+3.3v

See latest Xilinx XCELL journal for INTERSIL products for FPGA power.

switched versus linear supply for fpga

Please use both Tantalum cap's for input supply filtering and use as well de-coupling caps for all vcc pins of fpga. Intersils along with above supply caps is a good choice.

lm1117 3.3v 2.5v

use lm317 with resistors or LM1117 which has fixed voltages (TI offer 2,5V, NS don't offer that). problem is to find a regulator to 1.2V, in spartan 3 design I use good old lm317 vith adj connected to ground :))

3.3v source schematic

I think that 3.3V or 2.5V is IO voltage to LDO.

Core voltage

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

3.3v schematic lm317

LM1117 -33 or LM1117 -25 is very powerfull!

lm1117 3.3v schematic

Hi,
Use LD1086 for 2.5V and LM3940 for 3.3V.

fpga power supply pth

I'm using PT5502A for 2.5V, and PT5501A for 3.3V, both from TI.

lm1117 vs lm317

u can use LT's LDO,such as LT1083/1084/1085.

slyb113b.pdf

u can use TI's power module ,such as PTH series, if u want to supply for altera's stratix series or xilinx's virtex series.

Status
Not open for further replies.