Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] suitable substitute for ADC inputs to use as load in simulation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

What's a suitable approximate substitute of a dual slope ADCs inputs? It is to use as a relatively realistic load for an OA voltage follower. Datasheets and app notes say next to nothing helpful.

From scant info I did find, and common sense reasoning, most obvious is any OA with (suitable bandwidth and) similar input impedance to 1000M and 86dB CMRR at +-1V in.

For what reasons might these two manufacturers' datasheets and assorted app notes, and other manufacturer's datasheets, for this specific part not say what input capacitance is and explicitly state what input impedance actually is? They seem like important parameters to include, to me.

If it helps:

ADC equivalent input for sim model.jpg

I found the attached document in another folder about ADCs whilst looking for a schematic that was two (in parallel) series resistors with caps to ground and a common cap linking in+ to in-, which I haven't located yet. That might help. It's actually far more complicated than at first thought as the switches, or at least adding a series switch, affect 'reasonable representation' a lot if excluded and only OA and filters used and use static mOhm resistor as Zin, not useful as is not an impedance, though.

Useful SC ADC single input equivalent.JPG

Attachments

• Useful Things to Know about High-Speed AD Converters slyp171.pdf
    623.1 KB · Views: 132

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back