Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me some references to learn synthesis concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec_student

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to learn synthesis concepts. Can anyone tell me from wheres I should start?

dc_shell systemverilog

go and learn from Design Compiler user guide manuals in synopsys website.. solvenet.synopsys.com .. mail if you have any doubts

advanced asic chip synthesis pdf

yep SOLD doc is really gud...it gives u gud explanation with examples...
timings analysis is vry important :)
shiv

synthesis abc

a book of synopsys, design with dc&pt.

abc for synthesis

I am not able to access that website. Can anyone send me the material?
Thanks

synthesis abcs

elec_student said:
I have to learn synthesis concepts. Can anyone tell me from wheres I should start?

Glance through this book for a start:
Verilog HDL Synthesis, A Practical Primer (Paperback)
by J. Bhasker (Author)

Download Xilinx ISE and play around with the tool
You can request for synposys synthesis docs as well.

Synthesis

Try the book : Advanced ASIC Chip Synthesis using Synopsys Design Compiler, Physical Compiler and Prime Time

Re: Synthesis

Kindly load any of the books u refer.

Synthesis

check this link!! u will find above mentioned book!!!

Advanced ASIC Chip Synthesis using Synopsys Design Compiler, Physical Compiler and Prime Time
shiv

Title: Advanced ASIC Chip Synthesis : Using Synopsys Design Compiler, Physical Compiler, and PrimeTime
Author: Bhatnagar, Himanshu
Edition: 2nd Edition
Publication: Kluwer Academic Publishers (2002)
ISBN: 0792376447
Format: PDF format, text editable

barkha said:
Title: Advanced ASIC Chip Synthesis : Using Synopsys Design Compiler, Physical Compiler, and PrimeTime
Author: Bhatnagar, Himanshu
Edition: 2nd Edition
Publication: Kluwer Academic Publishers (2002)
ISBN: 0792376447
Format: PDF format, text editable

this link is not there could u provide something else?

Hi

Synthesis by Douglas Smith is very good book to start. It covers comparision of VHDL and verilog coding style.

But I don't have its soft copy. If any body has pls upload it.

Thanks in advance.

read logic synthesis chapter 12 in ASIC by smith book, good book for studying concepts of synthesis and you can learn language specific synthesizable codes from verilog by palinkar

You need to register for solvnet id using your companies site id to access DC Manual

Synthesis

if u have access to DC, all that u have to do is, type "where(or which) dc_shell" in unix prompt. this will tell u the installation directory. if u go there, u can find a directory called "doc". in this, u ll find tutorials and manuals of DC.

also, if u have access to design compiler and don't want to use design vision(GUI), u can type dctut in google and get the command line version of the DC tutorial. i believe its available in this forum also.

Hi,

Go to Synopsys Website. download DC User guide.

Dinesh

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi

U have to learn Basic Tcl command, then Synthesis ABC 1 part.pdf
and Synthesis ABC 2 .pdf

Dinesh

Plz refer some DC manuals many manuals u can get in this link
or go to Synopsys.com
solvnet u find many pdf....

But u should need proper login

Dinesh

Synthesis

You'd better try some lab to understand synthesis flow

Hi all,
I have designed SDRAM controller in System verilog, I want to sythesize my design using DC, can any body have the procedures or scripts for doing synthesis.

Thanks to all

satyakumar said:
Hi all,
I have designed SDRAM controller in System verilog, I want to sythesize my design using DC, can any body have the procedures or scripts for doing synthesis.

Thanks to all

You will find the basic scripts in the book : Advanced ASIC synthesis using Synopsys DC, PT and Physical Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back