Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me an antenna for transmitting analog signal between FPGAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhmahmood

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

I am currently designing a CDMA communication system as my senior year project and plan to implement it on the FPGAs eventually. I have a problem. The problem is that i want to transmit an analog signal wirelessly which should be received on the other side. no chips are available (or atleast i have not found) which transmit only what you have asked it to transmit. they normally modulate it and then send it. i want my on modulation, encoding etc schemes as this is my project and want a hardware which transmit which i ask it to transmit (and receive as well).

i looked antennas on the internet but have no idea how to attach them to my eventual system. anybody who has used antennas and know the solution of my problem please help me.

anybody can suggest a chip, or a better solution then antennas which is easier to implement.

HELP IS REQUIRED PLZ

Re: Antennas

i think you need info on microstrip antenna. refer the book pozar or antenna theory by balanis. both the books are posted in this forum

Re: Antennas

even if i attach the antennas with the rest of my system, will it radiate what i give input to it. What i am saying is, if i want to transmit on, eg, 100 MHz band, and i buy an antenna which says it can communicate on 100 MHz band, does that antenna (i am talking of the general antennas available in the market), have the circuit to ride the input signal which i want to transmit to the required band, or that circuit is available separately.

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.