Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirti_sonawane999

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using stepper motor 'MINEBEA H005 P3V' (I was taken out from an old wipro printer)

It has 6 connections but only 5 wires are taken out.

wires are yellow,black,red,blue,"---",brown

[---] is connection to motor but wire is not taken out from it.

I have measure resistance , its 4.9K from black to all wires.
(i have also measure resistance from black to [---] , its 0 ohm ... its shorted)

so it should be 5 wire unipolar with black as common...

but problem is that.. it is not working properly.
I am giving input through 8051 to uln2003 24V supply

i have tried wave drive

red yellow brown blue
1 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 0
0 0 0 1

i have tried full drive

red yellow brown blue
1 0 0 1
1 1 0 0
0 1 1 0
0 0 1 1

but not working.
please help..
(Please suggest datasheet or ......any info about MINEBEA H005 P3V )

in a unipolar motor you should be able to measure 4 identical resistance values, from the common to all the other coil ends.
Does your motor have any identification of the voltage you should use?
Usually the printer motors can be used with the specified voltage, for example 12 or 24v.

There are also motors that have vary low resistance and are intended to be used with a constant current PWM driver,
i think these are usually bipolar but there are probably unipolar too, but i don't think that you can find that kind in printers.

In any case you should measure the resistance, if you can't find 4 identical resistance values then the motor could be damaged.

Alex

hi sir.. thanks for information... stepper motor is listed there but they have not given any information...

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

In any case you should measure the resistance, if you can't find 4 identical resistance values then the motor could be damaged.

Alex

yes I have measure resistance ..... it is 4.9 ohm from black wire to all other wires (black should be commmon..)
between all others.. it is 9.8 except with black.

If it is 4.9 ohm you should probably drive it with low voltage,
even with 5v it will require 1A , the ULN2003 can give up to 0.5A in each output,
you have to use 2 or 3 outputs in parallel and check the max total current for the chip too (i don't remember the limit),
but I'm not sure if you motor can handle the current.

maybe the motor is intended for constant current drive using pwm.
you have to find the max current it can handle (the motor) and then drive it either with constant current or low voltage

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back