Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

standard modem as SIA alarm receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

wex-x

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
alarm receiver modem

Hello cleverhaeds.

I am currently trying to receive data from a house alarm.

I hav successfully setup an environment where my alarm calls my zyxel 2864 modem, and the modem answers the call.

I set the modem to bell 103 as it should be.

Whe the alarm calls the modem, the modem keeps sending the 2225hz answer signal. this seems to be because the alarm does not send a 1270hz originate signal to the modem.

Is this the way it should be or is the alarm perhaps defect?

if i pickup the phone and use my pcspeaker to send a 1270hz tone the modem enters connected state and datareception is starting as it should.
if the alarm is not supposed to send the 1270hz signal, do you know if there is a way to tell the modem that it should enter connected state without receiving 1270hz signal ???

modem sia alarm receiver

Are U still working on it ?

Let me know and will try to help

Re: alarm receiver modem

Hello cleverhaeds.

I am currently trying to receive data from a house alarm.

I hav successfully setup an environment where my alarm calls my zyxel 2864 modem, and the modem answers the call.

I set the modem to bell 103 as it should be.

Whe the alarm calls the modem, the modem keeps sending the 2225hz answer signal. this seems to be because the alarm does not send a 1270hz originate signal to the modem.

Is this the way it should be or is the alarm perhaps defect?

if i pickup the phone and use my pcspeaker to send a 1270hz tone the modem enters connected state and datareception is starting as it should.
if the alarm is not supposed to send the 1270hz signal, do you know if there is a way to tell the modem that it should enter connected state without receiving 1270hz signal ???

I'm also trying to receive SIA messages using a regular modem. The modem is connected to a PBX and the AlarmCentral calls my modem. I use serial commands to answer the call and I would like to receive the SIA messages and send back the ACK.

Doesn't work however. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to setup the modem to be able to establish the communication.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.