Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STA problem with max-delay violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hover

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I am tying to do pre-layout constrain for my project. The feature of this project is that only one 48MHz clock is available. After internal division it produces a 12MHz clock, all the output ports are synchronized to the 12MHz clock. Now I do a top level STA by putting all the inputs and outputs constraints under 48Mhz clock. The problem is that there is a max-delay violation from one input to one output and the value of violation is very high to a level of exaggeration. Should I change the constraints by constraining all outputs to 12Mhz clock?

Re: STA problem

Hi,
Just Give the constraints as a generated clock for the 12 Mhz clock..

It will check for voilations w.r.t. generated clock ..

--satya

STA problem

Hi all,

please define 12mhz clock as the generated clock from the 48mhz clock. and define all the input/output delay contrains according to the 12mhz clock for those inputs that r only depend on that clock.it may solve u r problem.

regards,
rameshs

Re: STA problem

Also provide realistic value of latency of generated clocks

STA problem

you should constraining all outputs to 12Mhz clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back