Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SRAM and processor frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaso

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey everyone,

If my RAM operates at 40MHz and my processor at 104MHz. How will this affect my system?

Thanks an advance

It will explode.

Really, you need to ask a more specific question. But I'll answer your question like it was posted: It won't work. You can't run 40MHz RAM at 104MHz.

The processor itself can work at a frequency as low as 13MHz! Can you please elaborate more at why it won't work? And what additional details do you need so I can be more specific

40MHz is the maximum clock rate the RAM can operate at reliably. If you try and operate it faster you will violate setup and hold time requirements.

And just because your PROCESSOR is running at 104MHz doesn't mean your memory is running at that speed. With no knowledge of your system it's impossible to say more.

Its a wireless sensor node with an image sensor

Oh Ok! Its Intel PXA271 and SRAM as my memory

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.