Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Square to Sine converter using Active fillter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagaya

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a variable frequency square wave generator based on 16F628A.Now I have to convert it to a sine wave 0-10kHz.I thought to use an active low pass fillter at 10kHz passband to fillter odd harmonics and get the fundemental frequency from the square wave.I've designed 8th order fillter for this.Will it generate almost pure sine wave?will I have to change pass band freequency for different ranges of input,anyone have similar experience?

will I have to change pass band frequency for different ranges of input
Yes, obviously. This fact doesn't suggest the method for a variable frequency sine generator, I think. The filter definition would be based on a specification of acceptable sine THD. An 8th order filter also requires to tune 8 filter elements, so a lower order filter seems more reasonable. Considering the said problems, most people would prefer different methods of variable frequency sine generation, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.