Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spur analysis for power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyanmajd

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have a question about spur in power amplifiers... what makes spur worse? and basically, whats the reason for having spurs in power amplifiers?
Does anybody know something about spur analysis in ADS?

Any help is kindly appreciated!
kaveh kiyanmjd

PAs don't have spurs standalone, spurs come from different sources such as PLLs,clock feedthroughs,substrate noises etc.
Power Amplifiers have Intermodulation Distortion Components that come from the Nonlinearity of the PA.
Spur and Nonlinear Distortion Products shouldn't be confused..

Thanks a lot for your answer, and I draw your attention to the following two PDFs:
**broken link removed**
https://www.milmega.co.uk/downloads/UnderstandingAmpspecs80.pdf
the first PDf contains the SPECIFICATIONS of the PA is owned by R&K company. note that spur have also been reported. ...
Does this not mean that the PA's Spur?
The next PDF is discussed in relation to the Spur in the power amplifier, but I did not notice anything out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back