Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice model of a varactor diode giving convergence error in Harmonic balance simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power_Ani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am using a varactor diode SMV1249-079LF from Skyworks in a tunable power amplifier application. I am having a convergence error in harmonic balance simulation in ADS while importing the spice model of the same diode. After following the warnings to resolve convergence error it is showing error and simulation automatically stops. Therefore I want to know few things regarding this.
1. Is there any issue with the spice model parameters of the device or having frequency limitations?
2. Is it a good practice to simulate the structure by taking the equivalent capacitance values of the varactor (instead of using the spice model) for different voltage levels?
3. Will step 2 affect the final result while measuring the fabricated structure using the diode itself?
If anybody can enlighten this issue then it will be helpful for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back