Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spi program of ftdi having doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild roze

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am trying to interface an ftdi 2232h to a pik kit via SPI . i downloaded some sample spi codes from the ftdi site. i didn't understand some portion of the
program . These are the codes

ChipSelectsDisableStates.bADBUS3ChipSelectPinState = false; // default is false This makes CS active high
ChipSelectsDisableStates.bADBUS4GPIOL1PinState = false;
ChipSelectsDisableStates.bADBUS5GPIOL2PinState = false;
ChipSelectsDisableStates.bADBUS6GPIOL3PinState = false;
ChipSelectsDisableStates.bADBUS7GPIOL4PinState = false;

HighInputOutputPins.bPin1InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin1LowHighState = false;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin2InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin2LowHighState = false;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin3InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin3LowHighState = false;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin4InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin4LowHighState = false;

HighInputOutputPins.bPin5InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin5LowHighState = false;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin6InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin6LowHighState = false;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin7InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin7LowHighState = false;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin8InputOutputState = true;
HighInputOutputPins.bPin8LowHighState = false;

why they configured these general purpose pins . i couldn't understand this . please reply if anybody knows this

Hi,

Are you saying you are connecting your Pic to the Ftdi then to the Pickit

If you got all that to work, what are you trying to ? - cannot see what it achieves, plus how do you know how to 'talk' to the PicKit ?

sorry
i meant to say that i want to do a spi interface with my 25lc256(eeprom) using a ftdi 2232h . i was trying to do through the parallel ports of the ftdi (channel b) .

Hi wild roze,

I have to ask. Did you finally get your FTDI 2232H Mini Module to function? Is this what you're attempting to implement a SPI interface with?

hi guru
actually i was struggling with my module . i would like to interface the module with the microchip pic24 using spi now. i guess i will reach the target soon .

Was the module damaged? Were you been able to use the UART to USB function of the FTDI 2232H?

The thing is i couldn't write anything (device descriptors) to the eeprom of the module . I tried with the ftprog(utility) several times .The eeprom might have gone i believe. Then i decided to do the spi interface . There are parallel pins in the ftdi , through which we could do the spi interface . I downloaded some sample codes from their site and working on it....still.

You may find this page of interest:

**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Here's a previous thread discussing the topic:

FTDIchip's FT2232 USB to SPI converter

The thing is i couldn't write anything (device descriptors) to the eeprom of the module . I tried with the ftprog(utility) several times .The eeprom might have gone i believe.
I rather doubt wrong usage of the tool.

hi to all .... thanks for the reply .
They are recommending this tool (ftprog) to program the eeprom .

They are recommending this tool (ftprog) to program the eeprom.
I've been using the older MProg tool (v3.5) up to now and never faced any difficulties. But I don't know, if FT2232H is still supported by it.

i tried with mprog also ...it is not even detecting, showing device not found .

Status
Not open for further replies.