Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI Level Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

emaq

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to connect a 5V sensor to Raspberry Pi 3.3V SPI using a conventional level translator on all 4 SPI lines (MOSI, MISO, SCLK and ~CS) but it does not seem to work. The schematic of the level shifter is as under.

level_shifter.png

I have tested the same 5V sensor on Arduino Uno SPI and it works fine.

Are the 10k pull-up resistors a problem? If so what other options do I have?

Hi,

But the sensor expects 16 clocks and 16 bits of data while CS is low.
You still ignore the 16 bit transfer. Your transfer is 8 bit .. then CS gets HIGH. Please verify CS this with your scope.

BTW: please reduce picture file size: The TEK scopes usually are able to output screenshot pictures.
Or reduce the photo-picture filesize:
an example:

test.jpg

filesize is reduced from 3800 kBytes to 77 kBytes, but still no loss in (scope) information.
Mind: the forum is worldwide, and there are regions with slow internet.

Klaus

SPI timing is correct for required mode 3. However, as stated before, ADIS16354 needs 16 bit SPI frames, respectively two 8 bit transfers during active CS period.

Status
Not open for further replies.