Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spectrum analyzer using matlab and RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

masood_ahm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab rs232

hi i want to make a spectrum analyzer that takes input physically through probes ..filters it converts the filterd output to digtal and displays the output in matlab
initially the input will be either a sine ,square or triangular wave

A similar project has been implemented link https://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee476/FinalProjects/s1999/lisa/

but i am thinking of doing all the computation directly on the matlab eliminating the need of microcontrolor using any ADC + UART ICs for interfacing with computer
i wanted to ask if this is possible

rs232 matlab

i think it can be done by using ur sound card. there is demo already in matlab. the input should be given through microphone. sampling rate can be set between 8kHz and 44 kHz.
giving signal instead of microphone i think you should first know the max and min voltage ranges of microphone signal, then remove the front microphone end and apply ur desired signal at the microphone jack input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back