Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Spartan-3 External pinning on the FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

graphene

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I now want to place the input/output signals perfectly into a particular pin as described in my circuit plan. I am using Spartan-3 XC3S400, XIlinx ISE 14.7. As shown in figures below, I need the pin 67, 65, 64 to be assigned for particular scalar ports.
pinning.PNG

However, when I use my Planahead 14.7 is shows me a layout of IO planning but doesnt specify the pin numbers but rather shows them as W22, R1, C22, etc. In the IO planning layout I have A-Y, AA, AB in column and 1-22 in row. Now how do I find the pins 67, 65, 64 ? Any suggestions?
pinnid.PNG

I have my VHDL FPGA design tested. I have also set timing constraints.

@pbernardi I checkd the package it was not the wrong one. I found the answer myself. With the mouse pointers on the banks, the names of the pins in the bank lets say IO_L21N_2 can be found and that corresponds to the pin numbers.

I sincerely thank you for your reply. I also got to know some more about being cautions is packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.