Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Space time Coding by Vucetic and Yuan

Status
Not open for further replies.

renta3885

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Space Time Block Code

Hi
I have some question. I hope everybody will help me
1.I would want to know a little bit about Non-Orthogonal STBC. Can you help me!
2.Are STBCs a kind of chanel coding or what?
3.When do we use real constellation or complex constellation?
Have fun!

Re: Space Time Block Code

all your question will be answered when you look at the following textbook, it is uploaded in EDABOARD:

Space time Coding by Vucetic and Yuan

>1.I would want to know a little bit about Non-Orthogonal STBC. Can you help me!

Guess these are codes where the transmitted sequences are not always orthogonal to each other, unlike, say, Alamouti. But then, may be they are called "partially orthogonal"

>2.Are STBCs a kind of chanel coding or what?

Nope. STBC are not for error correction.

>3.When do we use real constellation or complex constellation?

When you use a multi-dim modulation sceheme like QPSK, we use complex constellation, when we use 1D modulation scheme like BPSK or FSK, we are real. Like always

-b

Space Time Block Code

A quick question: Then why dont we use a proper OSTBC and we do prefer a Non-OSTBC? (Please use Maths or please give an example)

senaydud said:
A quick question: Then why dont we use a proper OSTBC and we do prefer a Non-OSTBC? (Please use Maths or please give an example)

Hello friends
I have same Q.

Regards

hello
i start with third question.
OSBC have a main problem in both real and complex and it is limitation in number of code. real codes limit for N=2,4,8 and there is just one complex code and it is alamouti(N=2). You should note that non square code matrix is it not optimum.
In complex code you make the tradeoff between coding gain and rate but this degree of freedom is not in real code moreover you increase the number of existence code.
Now I hope you can your first question yourself. Of course for increase the number of code we use Non-Orthogonal STBC or Quasi- Orthogonal STBC. In this code we should tolerate more complexity in receiver. Attached file help you known QSTBC better.
And the second question: Yes it is a kind of channel coding with regarding spatial.

please explain somebody that how should I implement 2-Tx and 1-Rx antenna alamouti decoding in matlab

please please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back