Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOmebody pls help..How to prove its a metamaterials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chailingleow

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
metamaterial debate

Hi all,

I designed circular and rectangular split ring resonator and the project is done.But somebody asked me to prove my design is a metamaterials?

Anybody have idea how am i to prove it using em simulator?i am using mwo and sonnet.

Thanks.....

Very urgent!!

imodelit

Dear chailingleow,

You can plot the omega-beta diagram and show the left handed region.

Best Regards,
imodelit Moderator

omega-beta curve

Metamaterial is not necessarily LHM.
Generally speaking, as long as the period is much smaller than the wavelength your SRR can be regarded as MTM.

imodelit_moderator said:
Dear chailingleow,

You can plot the omega-beta diagram and show the left handed region.

Best Regards,
imodelit Moderator

Hi,

How to plot omega beta diagram??can u explain in a detail way?how to plot using mwo or sonnet?

Rdgs,
Chai Ling

Dear chailingleow,

Kindly, check this post . It contains tutorials to simulate and plot dispersion curves of metamterials. The main idea is based on formulating the dispersion curve as a function of S-parameters or ABCD matrix of the MTM unit cell.

Best Regards,
imodelit Moderator

Hi

omega/beta diagram is not for MTMs its for EBGs and PBGs. for MTMs, in the best way you should extract the effective relative mio-epsilon versus frequency and it is a hard work to extract the parameters from the S-parameters. So the best way is to debate on simulated S-parameters, I mean to explain the s11 and s12 behavior. you can compare it with others SRRs S-parametres to prove the behavior. For being the MTMs it mustn't be only the DNG, it can be a material with only negative mio or negative epsilon or both quiet near zero, as a perfect lens.

best regards,
Amir

Dear AmirAgha,

Chec the attachment of that post

Best Regards,
imodelit Moderator

Hi all,

I feel that it very complicated ..what u guys suggest?Do u have any simpler way?
Maybe just plot H-field ,E-field,current distribution?

Thanks...still urgent

Rdgs,
Chai Ling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back