Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some qustions abt VoIP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_ice

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every1...
Well I need to know certain things...
Zaptel???
Zapata???
Extension???
Queues???
Digium???
Asterisk Channels???
Purpose of using Asterisk???
Advantages/Disadvantages of Asterisk???

hot_ice said:
Hi every1...
Well I need to know certain things...
Zaptel???
Zapata???
Extension???
Queues???
Digium???
Asterisk Channels???
Purpose of using Asterisk???
Advantages/Disadvantages of Asterisk???
Trust me, this is not right way to ask questions...
So, for Zaptel and Digium - Google is your friend, other than that, Zapata is mexican revolutionary and Internet system in Mexico, asterisk can have all sort of meanings... Same goes for extension and queues.

hot_ice

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@sinip
Probably, u r right... But, I'm a fresh engineer. Luckily, I mangaed to find a place in a company. But on the very first day as I walked in the office, a Sr. called me and started asking these things but I didnt have much to tell him... In confusion, I posted all of them on to this forum... Sorry about that...

hot_ice said:
@sinip
Probably, u r right... But, I'm a fresh engineer. Luckily, I mangaed to find a place in a company. But on the very first day as I walked in the office, a Sr. called me and started asking these things but I didnt have much to tell him... In confusion, I posted all of them on to this forum... Sorry about that...

Well, congratulations on your new post, all the best. The reason why I said what I said is that I see very often people asking questions in such poorly shaped manner that is hard to understand what the question was about in the first place. And it also often happens to people who DO speak English well. So from my point of view, it is always good practice to put your question(s) in best possible way, with enough of additional data and information that will allow anybody who might know the answer to answer it quickly, directly and with enough information.
As per bosses asking stupid questions, well, nothing much could be done about that, unfortunately... :wink:

If you want to experience VOIP world, I suggest to begin with Asterisk which is a free software working as PBX and gateway.....you can download it, read doc's and have fun....it's linux based so you should know some about linux..

Best Reagrds,

Status
Not open for further replies.