Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOLVED usbasp on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandhu015

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usbasp vista driver

Hai

Any one tried usbasp (AVR Programmer) on laptop?

My assembled one and it works fine with my desktop, but fails on my new laptop?

Your ideas and suggestions and experience please

Regards
Nandhu

usbasp driver

Since the laptop is new, I am guessing that it has USB2.0 ports while the desktop may only have USB1.1 ports.

If port speed is the issue, you can plug in a older passive USB hub to the laptop, this will downgrade the port speed to USB1.1 temporarily.

The only other item I can think of is that your programmer is drawing more +5V power from the port that it can provide. In that case, you would need a powered USB hub.

usbasp vista

I'm not sure but I've read some article from this forum that there are some programmer that are not working with a particular brand of laptop and desktop.

This forum says that abit board is the problem.

This says that asus board was the problem.

This one says that asus was also the problem.

This one says the acer was the problem.

usbasp not recognized

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

1. The auther says it is compitable with USB 2.0

2. My USB device is not even recognized in my laptop. All links says problems while programming. I tried my usbasp in a newer system with latest mother boards and found working fine.

The problem is my laptop not even recognize usbasp.

Nandhu

N.B. my laptop compaq presario c501tu with 945ml intel mother board.

usbasp problem

Hi all.

Thanks all of you for your help and suggestions. the USBASP is working fine with my laptop. It is my fault. the 3.6v zeners not getting proper ground is the problem. Sorry for bothering you all with my silly mistake.

Thanks once again for all who replied and all the forum members.

Regards
Nandhu

usbasp problems

Is the laptop running a different OS than the desktop? It sounds like a USB driver is missing from the laptop.

Connect your programmer to the desktop, then open the Control Panel, go to Device Manager and then look at the USB ports. Copy down the settings and driver info it is using.

Next connect your programmer to the laptop, and open Control Panel and Device Manager. Look at the USB ports, it is probably showing a disabled device. See if you can re-enable it or have it again search for the appropriate driver.

You can also contact the author as to exactly what USB drivers are required. Newer operating systems have many drivers preinstalled. Win98 usually always requires a driver install. Windows 2000 sometimes requires drivers.

usbasp zener

Hai Banjo

Thanks for your effort.

I think you missed my last post. Now it is working fine.

Both Desktop and laptop runs in xp.(Same version).

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
Nandhu

usbasp laptop

BUT MY LAPTOP (LG)HAVE SAME PROBLEM its not recog usbasp but it works fine with Desktop . grounding is not issue since its working fine with PC

usbasp device not recognized

My one works in Toshiba Sattelite (vista)
**broken link removed**

usbasp vista problem

SWAPI said:
BUT MY LAPTOP (LG)HAVE SAME PROBLEM its not recog usbasp but it works fine with Desktop . grounding is not issue since its working fine with PC
I think the problem is not about USB2.0 (speed), the problem is about the voltage on the D+ and D- signals, some PC's works with 5V on these signals, and others doesn't work with 5V, the standard says these signals must have 3.3V. That's the reason for the 3.6V zener diodes, on D+ and D-.
I've readed this in the readme file that comes with the usbasp or in the usbasp forum, i don't remember now..

Regards,
Diego Bouvier

usbasp driver for vista

Hai,

Have you seen the date of my posting?

It is one year old.

The problem is solved and i had posted it

Somebody searched it and posted (advertised) his link in all older post older more than a year

Regards
Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.