Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution Frequency and Delta S in Ansys HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

isla4018

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have few questions regarding S parameter simulation in Ansys HFSS.

1. What is solution frequency in Ansys HFSS?
2. If I choose to simulate S parameters in 0-5 GHz frequency range, then what will be my solution frequency and how can I determine that?
3. What is maximum delta S in HFSS and how to determine that for 4 ports S parameters ?

Hi isla4018
1. Solution frequency is the frequency in which the solution is generated, in fact if your solution meets the Max delta S condition, no additional tetrahedron is generated. Also if you enter a Frequency sweep all frequencies are simulated and calculated with the tetrahedrons of your solution frequency. So you should choose appropriate solution frequency in your simulation bandwidths.
2. First I must mention that the interpolating sweep is most useful when solving problems from DC to a high frequency , 0 - 5 GHz, but it has only the field data of the solution frequency. I think a frequency between 60% and 100% of your frequency is good for solution frequency , i.e. 3 - 5 GHz.
3. The maximum delta-S is defined as:
Max_ij[magnitude{S_ij(N)-S_ij(N-1)}]
where:
• i and j cover all matrix entries.
• N represents the pass number.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.