Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering a wire onto a PCB that is already soldered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddybear211

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys so I have a PCB board with an op-amp pins soldered onto it. I want to be able to connect wires onto the pins of the op-amp. The pins are all soldered into the board already. Do I simply solder the wire onto the pin? How can I do this carefully without spilling any solder onto the other pins of the op-amp?

Yeah you can also solder them directly onto the pin.but carefully.Or first solder the wire into the nearest hole from pin,then solder pin and wire point together.

are there any tips on doing so?

the pins of the op amps are pretty close to each other. also its my first time soldering so im not sure how it will go.. lol

check if you have any other access point where you can solder the wires other than on the pins... like series resistors or vias etc...

there are none.

this pcb was made by my dads company. he bought it home so im playing around with it.

its my first time soldering so im not sure how it will go.. lol

PRACTISE first until you are proficient at soldering - an IC [and most parts] can be damaged by too much heat

Or use a testclip/ oscilloscope probe to connect to the chip. I have seen and used them is size 8-40 DIP.
Expensive , Yes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back