Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Solar charger ripple current issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajnaveen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI friends ; i am facing a problem in 10 KW PCU ;in this system there is an inverter of 10 KW and solar mppt charger of 10kw panel; functionally system is ok . independantly charger works fine as well as inverter but when i run inverter +solar charger the ripple current at inductor of solar charger increases drastically up to 250A of 100Hz ; inverter discharging from battery is 100A at that time ,i am not getting why is it possible when battery is present why system tries to draw from solar side?

If the charger is designed only to charge a battery bank with no other load, then it's not surprising it might have trouble supplying another power stage as well. Usually for a setup like that a single controller governs the operation of both the charger and inverter so that the power from the charger is steered properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.