Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software UART for PIC16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guru Sir..,
Y is it that the code is not working?? I sent u the proteus design., so pls help me... is it due to any baud rate problems....???

Okay Gokul_India,

Attached is the working Proteus Simulation with MPLAB/Hi-Tech C Project source code.

Screenshot of the actual simulation:

Attachments

• Proteus_soft_UART.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 205
Guru Sir.......,
thank u very much for ur help sir.........:):) i am soooo thankful to u... I am going to interface GSM to this Soft UART sir....!! GPS will be interfaced with real UART., EEPROM will be interfaced with I2C...., I want the GPS position from the GPS module to get compared with the GPS positions in this EEPROM.., and with the result., i need to control the speed of the motor through CCP module sir.... I want all this to happen simultaneously sir...., will it be possible?? UART (GPS module)., I2C( EEPROM )., CCP ( Motor )....., can all these be controlled simultaneously,....?? and in this..., if i get any SMS in my GSM module., i want to receive the SMS to my PIC microcontroller through Soft UART..., means, in spite of all these workings., i should get an interrupt in my Soft UART sir.... Will all these be possible??? Or., should i face any difficulties sir....????

Guru Sir.,

First, i opened ur program., it showed as., "one or more of ur source file isn't where its used to be.., to locate., click on each of these files in the project window an click., 'Locate Missing Files'.., but i dont know where to click n find..., and., first, i worked with the proteus design u sent me., it gave perfect output..., (this output is got by loading ur hex file as such )..., but., once if i Compile the project and load this resulting file to the proteus., i am not getting the output.. Some scrambled unknown characters r being displayed (may be due to change in baud rate..)..., i think this problem may be due to those missing files..., So pls help me sir...

I just created a project, but Copying ur C prog files.., i compiled it, but didnt get the output.., i ll attach those with this sir....

Attachments

• 16F_soft_UART.zip
    159.3 KB · Views: 128

What version of the Hi-Tech PICC C Compiler are you using, v9.70, v9.80, etc? I will step you through the modifications required to adapt the code to your requirements, later today.

THis is uart circuit diagram

Attachments

• UART.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 145

dear all,

I downloaded the "16F_soft_UART.zip" files and compiled. its working properly on hardware circuit. with Tx and Rx pins are A1, A2 resptly and also i changed the board rate to 9600 and crystal 20hz no problm. But when i changed the pins to any other pins Tx is ok but no reception. i changed only the pin names and corresponding TRIS reg value.

what is the reason for this?

any other changes to make in the code?

Thanks in advance...

Hi all,

This code is work only in PORTA only. in other ports not working.
what is the problem?

i want the reception in PIN RC5.

please give a past response.

Regards
Abilash Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.