Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SoC system level simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
system verilog is just a dream at this stage.

wicho said:
We adopted specman for verification tool.

And it found some bugs which couldn't find on logic simulation and fpga board test.

However it's so difficult..

I hope Specman user will change good information in this forum...

Do you mean specman at system levlel AFASIK it is a tool for ip level verification , can u share some more details

Added after 2 minutes:

wicho said:
We adopted specman for verification tool.

And it found some bugs which couldn't find on logic simulation and fpga board test.

However it's so difficult..

I hope Specman user will change good information in this forum...

Do you mean specman at system levlel AFASIK it is a tool for ip level verification , can u share some more details

THe Good and Powerfull feature a particlar simulation or at test case can simulated with rand seed which is used while exdcuting the test. In a regression u can write a loop a particular test for 5 - 10 times with diferent random seed and it produces different random values for the filed and some times u can catch some corner errors . Vera also has randmization but not powerfull enough as specman

hi,
you can use systemc and psl/sugar for soc verification.

with regards,
kul.

system C is promising.
But the verification plan is more important than the language you use.
I use verilog and C and python.
in the future, I will choose system C

I also use verilog/python/psl currently. The future is not clear. I hope specman can be the winner.

bigyellow said:
I think systemverilog and VHDL 200X will be the future.

I don't think vhdl have the same bright future as system c and system verilog. Because as I know, most eda companies support vhdl less than before. I am afraid that this language will die soon.

I think system verilog is the most useful tool in future. Nowday, system C and C/C++ is used.

The most popular simulation language is verilog and pure c.

zhanch said:
Hi, guys

what's the most popular system level simulation and verification language for the industrial SoC design? SystemC, pure C or system Verilog.

Many thanks,

it might be system C , the best simulation lang for a soc verification might be System C, but do anybody have some few good reasons for supporting the above statement? I believe that it is basic feature i.e the transaction level modelling might be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back