Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS based notice board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear sir Here is my complete circuit diagram for hardware....

basically my project name is"sms/GSM based notice board" in which the process is simple, When we receive any sms from the owner of this device it shows on 16x2 LCD connected ot it....

We can use the scrolling techniques ,

Right now my problem is that , i have to submit my project withing couple of week but my final exams of seventh sem are going on , so i cant able to manage these both things together,

I just need the code for my hardware which i have already interfaced as shown in diagram.

Please help me if you can..

Thanks

regards

Prasad.

Dear sir Here is my complete circuit diagram for hardware....

Hello Friend,
The circuit diagram which is there is the complere connection between Max 232, µC & GSm modem??
what about the GSM modem??
which modem u used??
reply plz

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

This is my project title. So far I have built display matrix using LEDs that can display 8 characters in scrolling format. I am using NOKIA 3315 as a GSM Modem that is to be connected to 89v51rd2 microcontroller.
Can I directly solder Nokia's 4 pins so as to connect to ucontroller?
Can I only use F bus protocol to program micro in order to receive message from Nokia 3315? Plz reply and giv some additional suggestion for the success of my project. Waiting...

Hello Friend,
this is also my project title
as u made this as urs project.. u have all the information regarding this project.
i dont have the complete circuit diagram (Schematic) of this project
so please send me the schematic of this project plzzzzzzzzzzzz
I have to submit my project under 15-20 days
so please help me sir.. :)

hello ckshivaram sir i m working om sim300 gsm module on for receiving message and displaying on the lcd screen ... i use at+cnmi=2,2,2,0,0 to automatically receive the message .... it is working properly in hyperterminal but when i load the program on microcontroller at+cnmi command is not working...

there may be multiple reasons for not getting sms.
1. are other AT commands executed like AT, ATE0, AT+CPIN? etc, if they are getting executed and even then CNMI is not getting executed then it is the problem of memory space in your SIM.
2. try to delete all the sms in the SIM by connecting modem to hyperterminal.
3. check AT+CMGR=1 and see if you read any messages, if you read any message, then keep incrementing the number in the command AT+CMGR=2 , AT+CMGR=3 and so on and see how many messages are you reading. then delete all the messages in the SIM using AT+CMGD=1 and continue the sequence till you get error for some number.
4. then re-connect the SIM to controller and see if it works.

before that connect the controller board to hyperterminal and see if you can see the AT+CNMI command getting executed. give appropriate response from hyperterminal as though the modem is giving and see if your controller reads the message you are sending it.

Dear sir i have executed all the commands and at,ate0, at+cmgf=1 and at+cmgr =1.. this all the commands are working properly...sir i have deleted all the messages from sim memory .... my concept is to directly display the message on lcd without storing it in the modem.... so i used at+cnmi=2,2,2,0,0 command.... it is working well when i connect gsm module with computer using hyperterminal....and when i execute it on gsm module then i jst get the notification that message is stored in sim memory and i have to use at+cmgr=1 to read message... this leads to large size of program... so sir can u help me to sort out this problem....

Sir,
ckshivaram
can i get your email-id..........
actually i have circuit diagram and code for this..........
i want to ask whether the code is write or not...............
thank you......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back