Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smps designe for 3000v 4500 wat

Status
Not open for further replies.

hect0r

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to have smps supply
i cant find any good driver
my input information is 480v dc
out put required 3000v*1.5amp
i have studied about switching transformer and im sure about that i can make it
but about driver and protection :-(
Help me dear friends plz

If the output is 3KV @1.5A DC, I think you have problems finding rectifier diode to handle this power at any speed. Have you found some? Otherwise you have to design it as a 50 - 200 HZ inverter, with its massive lump of a transformer. Or use ferrite transformer(s) with a lot of insulated and isolated secondaries so you can stack them to get your output voltage.
Frank

Reactions: hect0r

hect0r

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What sort of topology will you be using?
I agree with chuckey...the most difficult part will be finding a suitable fast recovery diode rated for that voltage and current. There are still some high voltage fast recovery diodes available for analog TV use...but these will be rated no higher than 100 mA.

hect0r

- - - Updated - - -

thanks dear friends about your attention.i'v solved the diode problem by having a ferrite transformer that include multi secondary windings.my most problem is about totem pole and gate driving.i can not protect my mosfet's.and also Pwm network.

Last edited:

hect0r

i use H bridge topology becouse of my power.again thanks about your attention

hect0r

i'v reached about my circuit details.also iv been selected my driver.but my problem is about driving and protection of my transistors,dear friend.thanks about your attention.

- - - Updated - - -

an other problem is that my transistor need 6amps to charge my cgs in nano second

Status
Not open for further replies.