Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] smoothing sine waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

lparthipan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi... can anyone tell me what are the various methods for smoothing sine wave? sample wave form is attached below...actually it is the output of some process, my expected output is sine wave with one cycle without fluctuation)...

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

...actually it is the output of some process...
What process? If you expect a sine wave and you get this, there's something wrong.

You can use a low pass filter to smooth the wave, but it won't give a good sine wave with only one cycle.

P.S. Here's a GIF of the picture so others don't have to download the bitmap.

Actually it is one cycle from 0 to 400... due to noise i didnt get perfect sine wave and got some multiple sine waves. i want to reduce that noise using some algorithms... can i go for fft algorithm or some kind of average/smoothing techniques will help?

It's unclear if you want to extract signal parameters (phase/frequency), could be done e.g. with a fourier transform, or filter it to a less noisy analog or digital signal?

In the latter case, a bandpass filter seems to be an obvious solution.

If you already know the frequency of the sinewave you want (I understood yes), you could try a lowpass filter, seem it seems your noise is at higher frequency components than your fundamental armonic. After lowpass filtering, you can try a FFT plot to check your fundamental armonic is the predominant one.

--E

Status
Not open for further replies.