Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMA DC Block rated to 70V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
Do you know if there is one of these DC blocks rated to 70V?

**broken link removed**

The limited DC blocking is expectable due to the high GHz bandwidth of SMA RF components. It demands small capacitors and respectively limited voltage rating.

Guess you are pursuing your previous topic https://www.edaboard.com/threads/359129/

I still believe that source side 50 ohm termination and oscilloscope with 1 MOhm impedance is the better option for the frequency range of interest. Otherwise use BNC DC block which is usually made with 100 V rating.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I still believe that source side 50 ohm termination and oscilloscope with 1 MOhm impedance is the better option for the frequency range of interest.
Thanks, but we will be soldering the coax across 48V, and so we cant really have a 50 ohm termination

No.
But could you stack two in series ?

actually, no it does not work that way. Unless you carefully use DC bleed-off resistors across the two caps, there is no guarantee that each of the two series caps would only see half of the voltage.

does it have to be coaxial? It would be trivial to solder a .1 uF 200V porcelain cap in series and be done with it. With careful capacitor selection, should easily work up to a few GHz.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
does it have to be coaxial? It would be trivial to solder a .1 uF 200V porcelain cap in series and be done with it.
, yes , but i feel the physical nature of joing it will mean noise gets worse.....the DC blocks are good because they fit so well with the coax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back