Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slew rate of an amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjron

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am working with Apex PA107dp and the slew rate mentioned in the datasheet is 3000v/us but i am not able to achieve more than 220v/us. I have a doubt that whether the circuit should be loaded or unloaded during this measurement? Do external compensation affect these ?

Hello,

The datasheet says it is measured without load and certain supply conditions. You may know that in case of a full capacitive load the peak current is C*dV/dt.

Are you sure that the signal you apply has sufficient slew rate by itself?

Hi thx fr ur reply....it means that your trying to say that my input itself is not having that amount of slew? or should i measure the input slew rate first?

Hello,

If you want to get 3000V/us at the unloaded output, your input signal should have a slew rate SR > 3*10^9/(voltage gain) [V/s]. So your conclusion is correct. You are right it is good to check with an oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back