Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Skill code to add instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin2705

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a skill code to add instance

Hi,

I want a skill code to add an instance in a schematic sheet.

I tried the following code but it hasn't worked

procedure(
abc(component)
schHiCreateInst("tsmcN90" component "symbol" "I0" 1 1)
mouseAddPt()
0:0
)

then i call this function using:
abc("nch")

I am new to skill so i expect that there are much better ways to do that.

by the way, what does Hi stands for in the word schHiCreateInst??

Regards,
Yassin

layout instance add skill

Yassin,

Specify the error you are getting while using the above procedure. It should work and only will give warning for the instance name that you specified.

But in the schematic editor, you can get the same feature from the menu ADD->instance . Just assign one bindkey to this.

Let me know if you are not clear.

skill code for a schematic

sikadiya,

I am not having any errors, but the function is not executed as i expect. I am expecting that the component would be add at the specified location but this doesn't happen. What happens is that the "create symbol" dialog box is opened & the correct component is selected, but it is not added!
I want this piece of code to work because using for loops i can add many instances in different locations without opening the dialog box. i.e. to automate it.

Yassin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back