Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine Wave "Generator" to drive Electroluminescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXBOX

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there..

I am currently working on a project, to design a Electronic Driver for Electroluminescent (EL) Lamp.

The EL Lamp needs to be driven by a sine waveform of 135Vrms (approx 200Vpeak) @ a frequency of 1300Hz. On the whole, the driver itself, should be powered by DC supply (Batteries).

So far, i've looked into PWM & buck boost circuit, but don't seems to be getting the desired results.

So i hope to seek advices & comments from u guys here at EDA Board..

Hope to hear from u guys soon..

Thank you & regards..

There's probably half-dozen different driver designs. What application is the lamp used for?
How are your priorities split between:
- heat dissipation in the driver
- battery life
- Electro-magnetic interference (EMI)
?

Re: Sine Wave "Generator" to drive Electroluminesc

hi kender..

Thank you for your reply..

The application of the EL Lamp is for leisure or signage use. Coz the EL Lamp will be very flexible, it'll be one of those u see ppl wearing them on clothings?

Size & cost of the driver would be a priority in the driver design..

thank u for the recomendation kender..

i've looked thru' the data sheet..
Think i did not mentioned that the output from the driver should be a sine waveform of 135Vrms (approx 200Vpeak or 400Vp~p) @ a frequency of 1300Hz.

The MC33441 chip is only capable of supplying approximately 140Vp~p.

hi there..

if i hve a output voltage of 184Vp~p, anyway i can amplify it to about 400Vp~p instead?

pls advice.

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back