Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation with m file or simulink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddt694

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
puedo usar archivos *.m en simulink?

Hello,
I want to use matlab to do some algorithms simulation. These algorithms will be realized by FPGA and DSP finally. I do not know which method should i use, m file or simulink? (These algorithms include pn code fast aquisition, high dymamic tracking, digital phase locked loops, adaptive threshold detemination, narrow band interference reject, adaptive nulling antenna array, receiver performance, etc.)

Thanks

using simulink in mfile

OK ..SIMULINK is the simulation enviroment that allows to put together very quickly
simulation enviroments,,,,provided that you have all the blocksets !
otherwise you have to write them ...you can do that in a lot of languages ..
C .. FORTRAN ,ADA, and the matlab language ..
But you have to learn the API .. which is not very complicated (C MEX files)
SIMULIMK allows you to do high level simulation without any need of knowledge of the MATLAB GUI or functions

You can do the same probably in matlab ..but you need to know how to plot things
and a good understanding of matlab ..
So sometimes both things are needed .but simulink can get you started very quickly !

For a term work, simulink may be good since individual could work on a simple block and it is to integrate together. However, if one or two people work on it, it is better to use Matlab or C.

Hi,

It seems simulink may be a good chioce, but often i feel(from text book) that simulink is a function
simulation tool and can only do some demonstration to students, for example, AM, FM,PLL,etc, can simulink do some complicated and "real" simulation?

Regards

ONE DEFINITIVE ANSWER . WHATEVER YOU CAN DO WITH MATLAB YOU CAN DO WITH SIMULINK ..

BECAUSE SIMULINK RUNS ON TOP OF MATLAB

eltonjohn said:
ONE DEFINITIVE ANSWER . WHATEVER YOU CAN DO WITH MATLAB YOU CAN DO WITH SIMULINK ..

BECAUSE SIMULINK RUNS ON TOP OF MATLAB

Hi,eltonjohn

That is what i do want to know.
Thanks for your so quickly and explicit response.

u can have a try with SystemView, it is easier to use and proffessional , focusing on communication.

try using simulink toolbox Embedded target for TMS3206xxx DSK. It directly programs the DSP processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back