Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of Wilkinson combiner in ADS momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads momentum simulation resistor

Hi, I am working on a CPW wilkinson combiner. I get confused about the port types to use. Should I use differential or internal? ( on strips ). And I want to use thin film resistor as the isolation resistor. Where should I simulation them, in the layout or schematic(co-simulation)? THank you.

wilkinson combiner ads momentum

I think that you have it set up pretty good, I would just change a couple things. First, for the ports, go into the port editor, and assign the ground ports to "ground reference" ports, and then link them to your signal ports.

Second, I would draw the physical resistor in Momentum, and then just add the resistor layer to your substrate file, and assign what ever corresponding sheet resistance you are going to use. I have found that it simulates much better using that method, and can accurately measure the phase delay through the resistor.

Last, since you are doing a coplanar Wilkinson, and using asymmetrical line lengths, there is a great method of adding asymmetrical slots into your signal lines, which can significantly reduce the physical size of your splitter. I was able to get the 90 degree lines down to ~30 degrees or so. There is a good IEEE paper on it, I just can't recall the name right now.

Added after 1 minutes:

Sorry, I didn't catch it at first, I would also add a little more length to the outputs, and have both ground references.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back