Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of resonating filter in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

loke

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have troubles simulating a highly resonat filter in CST. I use the transient solver but the simulations just last forever....??? I have tried to divied my filter into submodels in the design studio, but I don't get anywhere near a good result in that way either.

Does anyone has suggestion for simulating a resonating filter with cst??

regards

Hi,

if you have to use the transient solver you can try the AR-Filter to spped up the simulation. However, for filters the frequncy domain TET Solver or the Fast Resonant Solver are usually the better choice.

Have you tried those?

F.

yes I have tried the F solver but only on a trail licence. The AR filter for the transient solver works in some cases but not in this one.:cry:

my simulations last very long time and my pass band is attenuated 100dB...
Has anybody any idears or is cst simply not suited for high resonant models?

Hi loke,

can you post your design here? Again, the transient solver works best for broadband structures. If you have a narrow band filter the time signal for the broadband excitation takes a long time to go down.

Before CST "upgrade" the frequency solver (before version 5) the AR Filter was used as a possibility to shorten the calculation time somewhat.

However, for filters with many pols the AR Filter has its limitations as well.

The FD or Fast Resonate solver are a much better bet for this structures. If you can post the design here I can just give it a try. I have the FD solver available.

F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back