Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation for Zero Crossing Detector For Motor AC Speed Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_balistic

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I've already make the Zero Crossing Detector to detect when we have to fire TRIAC for controlling speed of the AC motor

I use proteus for my simulation. I use Signal 12VAC and the use optocoupler to detect the zero crossing.

After I realized that Signal AC is 50 Hz sot it meas one periode of AC signal is 20 ms, and divided into 2 is 10ms. So I must fire the triac after I detect the zero crossing with maximum time fire is 10ms, am I right?

What I wanna ask, when you want to speed up the motor? the time to fire TRIAC is shorter or longer after zero crossing deteced?

Does anyone has simulate TRIAC and MOC3021 in proteus? Can I see the scematic, and how long the pulse periode you use?

Hi,
Of course, you must give over longer time7or higher volume/ energy for your motor if you wish to rotate it speedyer...
K.

Re: Simulation for Zero Crossing Detector For Motor AC Speed

Okay, I get it.

How if you wanna increase the torque of the motor. What should I change ? In DC motor usually you increase the current right?, but how about in AC motor? does it same? if it's same, how to increase the current?

Status
Not open for further replies.