Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation and verification: WARNING:Xst:2036

Status
Not open for further replies.

sns22

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI;
I am using coregen to generate a fifo and use it to store data.data_out is assigned to the dout of the fifo.

I dont know why I am recieving this warning?
Is there any means to remove this warning.

WARNING:Xst:2036 - Inserting OBUF on port <Data_out<3>> driven by black box <fifo>. Possible simulation mismatch.

Your simulation includes "blackboxes" which means the simulation software couldn't resove one of your modules. The software needs to be able to find your fifo's and the interface to them must be correct.

but i have stored the fifo.vhd in the same folder as other files and added it to the project also..created a top module where i have linked the fifo with the othr necessary ports in ther module..independently the fifo n top module are working clean..but when i combine the whole thing i m getting the warnings

If you have any mismatch in the interface, the software will generate a blackbox.

mismatch in the interface?wht does this mean

When you instantiate a module in your code, you have an interface, which shows how the port signals connect to the module you're instanting the sub module into. Those port signals must match perfectly, all signals must be included, and all vectors must have the same indicies. Failure to do so will result in the "blackboxes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back