Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple questions in Xilinx ISE 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aya2002

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello Friends,

now i have the software Xilinx ISE 11, but i need some help,

1. when i installed the software, i found out 8 subprograms were on my desktop as follows: (Xilinx ISE 11, Xilinx PlanAhead 11, Xilinx System Generator 11, Xilinx Platform Studio 11, Xilinx SDK 11, Xilinx AccelDSP 11, Xilinx ChipScope Pro Analyzer 11, and finally Xilinx iMPACT 11). So, which one is the simulator? and what are the others?

2. I need a very very simple introduction for the environment for the simulator.

3. Can i get a very simple program such as a program to input two lines and do an OR gate for these inputs .

by the way I am very confused abut the internal help (pdf) of the software so that please guide me to how to use it.

Thank you very much

ISE Project Navigator is a good start point for vhdl/verilog design entry, and ISim can be invoked by clicking corresponding icon in processes panel, if you have changed the "Source for" to be Simulation.

Hi Aya2002,

You'll find very good step-by-step tutorial to understand the whole design flow, using all the tools you mentioned above here:

**broken link removed**

Hope this helps

Aya2002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
jack//ani,

thank you. that's exactly what i need to start with when combine with instructions from **broken link removed**

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back