Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple IR detector schematic explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timoy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have no knowledge in the electronics field and i cannot read schematics :cry:. I have this . Can somebody illustrate this in a simple diagram with Collector and Emitter markings so a noobie like me can put this together?

The project comes from TheKeeser.com
**broken link removed**
if no image shows, paste this URL: **broken link removed**

Re: Simple IR detector

39_1158360440.gif

hope this helps

good luck

dfullmer

I'm sorry dfullmer, but i cant read the entire schematic itself. I know the base, collector and emitter points, but am i using the resistors correctly? Which ways are the 330 and 1k ohms supposed to be pointing to? can u draw in paint what component goes to what using lines that represent positive and negative charges from the 9V? i think thats the only way i'll be able to do this: an ilustration, not a schematic

in other words, i need a picture drawing like when we all have done in elementary school =P , doesnt need to be pretty

Hi Timoy,

The 330 ohm and the 1k do not have a direction. Resistors are not directional. The only other thing you need to make sure is in the right direction is the LED and the detector. If you want to test the LED just hook the 330 ohm to one leg of the led so they are in series. just like it would be in the schematic. Then place the voltage across the open leg of the led and the open leg of the resistor. If the led lights then you have defined the right directionfor the led. If it does not like reverse the voltage across the series 330 and led and it should light. Do not put the voltage across the led without a resistor in series - you will over current the led and it will fail. Once you know which side of the led get positive and which is negative place it in the circuit so the positive leg is connected to the transisitor emitter. As for the detector that is connected to the base of the transitor I am not sure but I think you should be able to try it one way and then the other without damage of the detector but to make sure you might want to put a resistor (say another 330 ohm) in series with the detector so you will be protecting it just like the LED.

good luck

dfullmer

awesome reply :D
I got everything working thanks to your explanation and test method. big ups to you, Thank you. now i can move on to slightly more complicated circuits maybe..

i would like to have some guidelines on usage of ir detectors plz....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back