Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIMCOM modems and Lua

Status
Not open for further replies.

myshkinuk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pardon my stupidity, but can anyone explain to me why the edaboard forum is such a good place to find people talking about SIMCOM modems? Is there a connection I'm ignorant of?

Which brings me to..

I'd like to evaluate the Lua scripting which is available on a couple of models.

By chance I have acquired EVB units for both the 5218E and the 5230, but not yet applied power to them.

Given that there seem to be a number of people here who have played with the modems, and in particular with the Lua scripting, can anyone tell me:

O What places on the internet can I go to get help, info and experience of using this Lua implementation?

O I have downloaded the IDE which I found on here. Astonishingly I didn't find it on any SIMCOM website, or any distributor's one.
o Am I simply not plugged in to the right sources of information?
o What else do I need to acquire to get started? I have the CDs with drivers from the dev kits.

O Is there a repository of "known working example SIMCOM Lua scripts" anywhere?

O Is there anything like a "step-by-step how-to" - a YouTube video would be perfect, but even a simple written list of steps leading to some or all of
"hullo world"
"read available space on the EFS"
"write and read-back a file from the EFS"
"read info about the installed SIM ( mcc etc )"
"read info about the network registration"
"read the signal strength ( and quality if available )"
"Set APN, start GPRS and ping google"
"do an FTP transfer from a server"
"do an FTP transfer to a server"
"do an HTTP POST/GET to a server"
"open socket, send receive and close socket"
"demonstrate use of the serial port as a "user port" to talk to attached equipment"
"demonstrate use of the I2C port from a script to talk to attached equipment"

This is all basic stuff everyone probably wants to do, do we really have to invent it for ourselves?

Many thanks for any mentoring :)

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back