Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim900 module programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
we want to do this thing using GPRS not from the SMS. we want to access the map by using the GPRS.. kindly help us out in this way..

U can apply AT+IPR=XXXXX i.e AT+IPR=115200 and power off & power up again

i have the same problem as the 1st person had.. i M totally new in this and i m using RKI-1640 model. i dnt known how to start basically. i mean do i have to load the program for poweron/off or i can start directly giving AT commands on hyperterminal. moreover if i am using uart then how to connect because ther is lots of confusion for attaching module to rs232. ie via controller and max232 or directly to max232. plz help ...its urgent.

thanks..

I too have the same problem. I keep getting junk characters. But when I type AT, I get OK from the module.
I am using CP2102 USB to UART bridge to connect the SIM900A to PC.

I get the junk characters only when I have a SIM in the module.

I too have the same problem. I keep getting junk characters. But when I type AT, I get OK from the module.
I am using CP2102 USB to UART bridge to connect the SIM900A to PC.

I get the junk characters only when I have a SIM in the module.

Status
Not open for further replies.