Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SIM900 AT command for voice call not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneft

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there some special way to initiate a voice call using AT commands for the SIM900? Using the ATD AT command followed by a phone number returns NO CARRIER. I have tried this on a SIM900 and SIM900D both with the same results. I've Telit modules in the past and for those you need to put the module into Voice mode by sending AT+FCLASS=8 but for the SIMCOM modules it only has Mode 0 and 1 available under FCLASS. I am able to send and receive SMS messages and both units display the caller ID info when I call the unit from a landline and I am able to answer the call with the AT command. Any help would be greatly appreciate. I would send SIMCOM an email but everytime I do they never respond.

Problem solved. Didn't realize I needed a semicolon at the end to initiate a voice call.

Status
Not open for further replies.