Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim card is not recognized by gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi8820

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
network led of gsm modem containing sim300 module is glowing but on calling to the number inserted in the sim card holder of the modem it is always answeringas switch off or not reachable????????????????How can i correct it?????????????? Please help................

hello,
i also getting same problem, when i keep my gsm module out side my office(to open air),then i will get the network and i can send sms and make a call but when i keep it in office then after 5-6 min network will be lost......as same as above problem..... if u hav any solution plz help me

regards
umesh

I am also having the same problem but in a bigger manner. Actually it works fine for 2-3 days and then it doesn't work. May be the problem is in network detection and once the network goes off, you need to start the GSM module manually. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Hi,

You can use AT commands to check GSM module, the "AT+CREG?" command can check whether GSM module is regitered to network or not, if not, you can restart GSM module by driving Power Key pin.

See AT command set document for more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.