Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM 300 connection problem on reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

pthakkar27

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am interfacing SIM300 with my silab microcontroller. I am facing the following issue:

1. If my controller is working and I reset my SIM300 module, I am not able to get response from SIM300. I have to physically disconnect my rs-232 cable and then plug it to make it work. However if my sim300 module is working and I reset my controller card it works fine.

2. If I start my sim300 module without SIM and then insert SIM, it is not able to register to the network. AT+CSMINS? return 0 (no sim inserted).
I need to reset the module to make it work. Does SIM300 support hot swapping of SIM card?
Can anyone help me as in why this is happening.

As per my idea Sim300 not support hot swapping of SIM card

- - - Updated - - -

Controller reset with few microsecond which SIM300 reset require few second so u require some delay to communicate with SIM300

Hi Thanks for the response.

In my code I send "AT" and then wait for "OK" response from SIM300. This keeps on happening untill I receive "OK". Before sending "AT" again I have put a delay of around 3 secs. Now when I reset my SIM300 module, and send "AT" I receive some garbage values. SIM300 is not auto bauding as I have set the baudrate to 19200. This keeps on happening and when I disconnect the RS-232 cable and put it back I start receiving the correct response.

What default Baud Rate ? I thing it may 9600 & it require to store in sim cont.. even power off so when it power on then it may work at 19200.
After u remove cable & connect it again during that it may be some auto detection routine work & u get reply .................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back