Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sigma delta converter output

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordFish

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sigma delta output

Hi,
I want to know what kind of data is on output of a sigma-delta converter.
I know that after the modulator data si coded PWM (Pulse Weight Modulation) . After that the 1bit stream enter in a decinator tahi is in many cases a low-pass FIR filter. At the output we have a 16bit data.
I want to know is this data is serial or paralel and in what code? PWM or binary ???
After that I need a PWM -> binary converter ????

I read a book about Sigma-Delta (by Temes) but I didn't find any of that.

please help me someone who worked with that.

THX

SwordFish

Re: sigma delta output

Most IC use serial output in 2's compliment format.

i think bear is right.data is serial output word rate of 16 bit

Hi,
Normally the data is binary. Esp if you are using the SD for ADC applications it needs to mimic a normal ADC output. So you may assume that it is as good as a normal ADC with possibly better resolution.
Since there are digital circuits involved, you may generate any formt output if you are designing the sigma delta.
B R M

Ya the output is normally in binary and it is serial output

sigma delta output

the sigma delta modulator ADC's output isusually in binary and it is serial output, then use a decimation filter to down sampling and remove the image folding issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back