Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sigma-Delta Audio Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

samanchon

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sigma-delta modulation amplifier

I'm new to sigma-delta modulation with a little background about one. Now i'm trying to design Class-D power amp using SDM scheme. Please tell me how should i start to design it. thank tou

I think you should start by fixing your architecture (loop filter order, OSR...) using system simulation (matlab/octave -> See Schreier's toolboxhttps://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/ fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=19). Then add the parasitics (opamp BW, SR, thermal/ktC noise... -> See the article by Brigati **broken link removed**) and determine the spec of the opamp. Then you can start the design.
A few points:
- for class D amp dont' use an OSR too high (you need to drive the power switch)
- take care of flicker noise (human ear can hear it)
Hope it helps a little
good luck

If Class-D Audio amplifier is your target, try looking at AD1991 from Analog Devides, LM4651/52 from National semiconductors.

If you want something out of this world, visit the website of D2audio.

bimbla.

Status
Not open for further replies.