Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shooting simulation with laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

judasdsc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i wanna make a shooting simulation with laser for 10m airpistol competents. any idea for censor? i need a 21cm x 30 cm target which i can see which point laser shot.
what kind of censor i use?
thanks.

Do you want to use visible or IR laser? If you want to know the precise spot the laser hits the target you have several options - 1. a photo diode for each spot in a waffle-like structure to provide collimation of the incoming beam or use a simple lo-res camera connected to a pc and some software to identify the locations. With fixed geometry the image processing software need not be too complicated.
With the photo diodes resolution will be determined by your umber of diodes, but if you modulate the laser and then look for the signal in the detected light you can have multiple guns and better SNR - less susceptible to ambient light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back